Scientific American article.
(January, 2004) Describes my work and "Emotional Design. The emphasis is skewed toward the last two chapters -- emotion in machines, and hence, the article is entitled "Why machines should fear.".
NOTE: Sadly a subscription is required to read old articles on the Scientific America website.
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things