Persuasive Technology: Using Computers to Change What We Think and Do.
BJ (yes, that's how he likes to be called) has created an important new discipline: captology -- computers as persuasive technologies. Captology is of vital importance to everyone: the person in the street, the ethicist, the marketing and advertising person, and of course those who build, deploy, and use modern technology. Today's technology is used to change attitudes and behavior. This creates powerful opportunities, multiple challenges, and severe ethical issues. This powerful, yet easy-to-read book addresses the issues critically, with insight, and in depth.
Pointer to the book at Amazon.com
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things