Democratizing Design (talk)My talk, Democratizing Design, presented April 6 at the Philosophical Society of Washington (PSW), Washington's Oldest Scientific Society, Founded 1871, with Science lectures every other Friday, has been censored. PSW has long had a channel on YouTube where they post all their science lectures. Recently, for reasons they will not reveal, YouTube removed the PSW channel.
PSW cannot reach anyone at YouTube to be told the reason, and to explain that all their talks are science, not politics, scandalous, not inappropriate. The talks are given in the COSMOS Club, a distinguished organization whose members have received numerous Nobel and Pulitzer prizes. Hey YouTube! People misuse your service, but you can also misuse your censorship: you need to provide explanations and a way to get a hearing -- from a person with authority, not an algorithm.
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things