"Why DesignX" answers common questions about DesignX. In particular, What is new? What is the role of the designer? What about craft skills?
Other Recent Essays
- DesignX: A Future Path for Design
- A Great Product Ruined
- Newly Revised Call: The Design Lab at UC San Diego Seeks Design Fellows
- Hill climbing in radical Innovation
- Verganti & Norman: Having a vision is not enough--it must be implemented
- Error Messages Are Evil
I am pleased to announce that Diversion Books has released my book of essays, Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles, as an inexpensive eBook: US $4.99. Available in multiple formats, including Kindle, Apple, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Google (MOBI and EPUB).
Recent recommended readings
- Things That Make Us Smart Available as eBook
- Scenarios of the future: Two histories of the 21st century
- FIRE: How Fast, Inexpensive, Restrained, and Elegant Methods Ignite Innovation. (Dan Ward)
- The cult of the peacock (Brendan Vance)
- Designing with the Mind in Mind, 2nd edition. (Jeff Johnson)
- Cool Tools (Kevin Kelly)
Keynote Addresses and Schedule
Contact information, bios, press photos, ...
Examples of talks
- February 6-7, 2015. Exploratorium. San Francisco, CA
- February 8. 2015. IxDA Education Summit. (Interaction Design Association.) San Francisco, CA
- February 11, 2015. MIT Club of San Diego talk. (Not yet posted)
- February 26, 2015. UC San Diego Social Sciences Dinner Club.
- May 2, 2015. 2015 California Cognitive Science Conference, U.C. Berkeley. (Not yet posted)