World's Most Influential DesignersBusiness Week has developed a list of what they call the World's 27 Most Influential Designers. I'm honored to be on the list, but I am also skeptical. Among other things, I am a design thinker, not a designer. I study, analyze, teach, and preach good design. I have worked with some of the world's best designers (some of whom are on the Business Week list), and I have indeed worked on numerous products. But not as a designer.
Still, as the saying goes, flattery always works.
It is also nice that my partner, Jakob Nielsen, also made the list. Are we designers? No. Do we have an influence on design? We certainly try hard to do just that.
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things