Why We Buy: The science of shopping.
Take human-centered design principles, especially that of ethnographic field study, and apply it to department stores, shops, and any place where people go to buy. The result is a wonderful treasure house of important observations. Underhill's results seem like common sense -- which is how you know they are both correct and very much uncommon.
Pointer to the book at Amazon.com >
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things