Segal Design Institute at Northwestern University
I'm pleased to announce the formation of the Segal Design Institute at Northwestern, where my co-director, Ed Colgate and I hope to create a new set of studies of engineering design: products, processes, and services. We have exciting plans for bringing together the resources of the Chicago area in design: architecture, products, graphics, education, and museums. We have two new graduate degree programs: one in Engineering Design and Innovation and the other, a joint MBA/Engineering degree, leading to an MBA from Northwestern's Kellogg School of Administration and a Master of Engineering Management degree from Northwestern Engineering.
Here is the description of the Segal Design Institute from the University press release, and here is the Chicago Business News. (Our great thanks to Gordon and Carole Segal.) A seminar series, conferences, and other activities are n the works.
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things