Security and usablity go hand in handRobert Lemos from TechBeacon has written an excellent article on the tradeoff between security and usability: Security and usability go hand in hand: 5 tips to get the development mix right.
I'm obviously biased because he spent a lot of time discussing the issues with me (and used many of my comments in the article), but he also interviewed excellent developers who extended my comments and discussed the implementation issues in more detail.
Thank you, Robert.
Also see my articles:
And two book reviews:
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things