Multimedia: From Wagner to virtual reality.
Many of the original writings that played so significant a role in developing the modern internet and multimedia revolution are reprinted in the truly excellent compilation edited by Packer and Jordan. Many of the papers that had profound impact upon my development -- to say nothing of that of the entire industry -- are all here: papers by Norbert Wiener, JCR Licklider, Doug Engelbart, Myron Krueger, Alan Kay, Vannevar Bush, Ted Nelson Tim Berners-Lee, and Ivan Sutherland. A truly excellent compilation.
You might also wish to visit the website, artmuseum.net that describes itself as "the interactive companion to the book of the same title."
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things