Designing with the Mind in Mind, 2nd edition. (Jeff Johnson)
Johnson, J. (2014). Designing with the mind in mind (2nd ed.). Amsterdam ; Boston: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers/Elsevier.
Short review. This is the blurb I wrote for the book:
In this valuable traversal of human cognition, Jeff Johnson illuminates its operation and exposes everyday fallacies and misunderstandings through example and explanations. The results provide a useful education for everyone, but one that is essential for designers. If you are curious about the human mind, you will enjoy this book: if you are a designer, you need it.
- All Books
- The Design of Everyday Things, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Living with complexity
- The Design of Future Things
- Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things
- The invisible computer
- Things That Make us Smart: Defending Human Attributes in the Age of the Machine
- Turn Signals Are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles
- The Design of Everyday Things