Writing To Me
Guidelines For Writing To Me
I try to respond personally to all my mail, but this depends upon my workload, which varies between high and unreasonably high. I answer many correspondents each week, most frequently from students. I spend a lot of time at this. But please avoid asking me these things:But please do write.
I enjoy the questions and examples. I learn a lot from them, and I usually learn even more when I answer questions, so the time is worthwhile for all concerned. Just don't abuse the privilege.
contact me at don at jnd.org
Keynote Addresses and Schedule
Contact information, bios, press photos, ...
- Ted Talk: Design and Emotion
- Industrial Design Part of Apple's Success (Voice of America interview, 2016)
- Norman Doors. Posner interview. Vox 2016.
- An Evening With Don Norman (Stanford: 2014)
- Design Research and Innovation
- An eternal record of the evening with Don Norman. (Stanford Business school), 2014.
- October 9. University of Florence: "Living with robots,"
- October 11: University of Bologna Business school: "21st Century human-centered design: Design-Driven Transformation of Industry"
- October 9-13. Tuscany and Emilia Romagna (a few talks here and there)
- October 16. Università Di Catania. "Useful and threatening aspects of artificial intelligence in everyday life"
- October 17-18. Sicily.
- October 26-27, 2017. Design Forward 2017 at San Diego Liberty Station
- October 30 - November 3, 2017. International Association of Societies of Design Research (IASDR). University of Cincinnati, Ohio. (Opening keynoteGiving talks, attending, ...)
- November 8-9: University of Kentucky (UK): Research project with UK, NCI, FCC, UCSD, Amgen; Healthcare in underserved areas of the country (Appalachia -- Eastern Kentucky).
- November 13-17. Design groups at MIT and Harvard. (Cambridge, MA).
- January 9-12, 2018. CES, Las Vegas.