Writing To Me
Guidelines For Writing To Me
I try to respond personally to all my mail, but this depends upon my workload, which varies between high and unreasonably high. I answer many correspondents each week, most frequently from students. I spend a lot of time at this. But please avoid asking me these things:But please do write.
I enjoy the questions and examples. I learn a lot from them, and I usually learn even more when I answer questions, so the time is worthwhile for all concerned. Just don't abuse the privilege.
contact me at don at jnd.org
Keynote Addresses and Schedule
Contact information, bios, press photos, ...
- Ted Talk: Design and Emotion
- Industrial Design Part of Apple's Success (Voice of america interview, 2016)
- Norman Doors. Posner interview. Vox 2016. (I'm not allowed to view it--see above)
- An Evening With Don Norman (Stanford: 2014)
- Design Research and Innovation
- An eternal record of the evening with Don Norman. (Stanford Business school), 2014.
- March 22, 2017. Design Forward Alliance meetup and Panel. Place TBD
- April 4, 2017 IEEE talk at Qualcomm, La Jolla, CA
- April 9, 2017. National Cognitive Science Student Conference, UC San Diego, La Jolla, CA. (Keynote)
- April 11, 2017. Town & Gown talk. San Diego
- April 12-14, 2017. European Academy of Design, Design for Next Conference. Rome. (On Scientific Advisory Committee)
- May 11-12. Institute of Design, IIT. Board of Trustees meeting. Chicago, IL.
- June 19, 2017. BioTech Conference, San Diego (tentative)
- October 26-27, 2017. Design Forward 2017 at The San Diego Port Authority's Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier.