Writing To Me
Guidelines For Writing To Me
I try to respond personally to all my mail, but this depends upon my workload, which varies between high and unreasonably high. I answer many correspondents each week, most frequently from students. I spend a lot of time at this. But please avoid asking me these things:But please do write.
I enjoy the questions and examples. I learn a lot from them, and I usually learn even more when I answer questions, so the time is worthwhile for all concerned. Just don't abuse the privilege.
contact me at don at jnd.org
Keynote Addresses and Schedule
Contact information, bios, press photos, ...
- Ted Talk: Design and Emotion
- Industrial Design Part of Apple's Success (Voice of America interview, 2016)
- Norman Doors. Posner interview. Vox 2016.
- An Evening With Don Norman (Stanford: 2014)
- Design Research and Innovation
- An eternal record of the evening with Don Norman. (Stanford Business school), 2014.
- October 6-7, 2017. Design research meetings. Institute of design, Chicago, IL
- October 8. University of Florence: "Living with machines,"
- October 9-13. Tuscany and Emilia Romagna (a few talks here and there)
- October 16. Università Di Catania.
- October 17-18. Sicily.
- October 26-27, 2017. Design Forward 2017 at San Diego Liberty Station
- October 30 - November 3, 2017. International Association of Societies of Design Research (IASDR). University of Cincinnati, Ohio. (Giving talks, attending, ...)
- November 13-17. Visiting design groups at MIT and Harvard. (Cambridge, MA).
- January 9-12, 2018. CES, Las Vegas.